Child has allergic rhinitis. Have runny nose, fluid behind ear drum. Till what age can medicines be avoided?

my 4 year old son have allergic rinihitis ige test done 1 year back found highly allergic valur having 600, he s having runny nose , fluid behind ear drum now fluid has gone but runny nose persists he has been given xyzal regulat now doctor gave montel lc kid and also wrote flutiflo which we not gave as they steroids i want to ask when we leave medecine he gets sick again so do we have to give medicines regular till what age he can fight without medecine
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013