Child has aching joints, sore back. finger itching with white blisters. Blood work showed high monocytes. Cause?

My eight year old son was unwell (fever and vomitting) a couple of weeks ago. Took him to the doctor and as he was complaining of aching joints and sore back the doctor sent off for blood work which revealed increased monocytes in his blood. The doctor thought he had a mild case of glandular fever . My son has complained of his fingers itching and now has red fingertips with what appears to be little white blisters on them. What could this be?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013