Child has abdominal pain, diarrhea. Did stool sample, blood test, shows high platelet count

My daughter has been complaining of abdominal pain and frequent diarrhea for about two weeks. When we took her to the doctor he ordered a stool sample and a bunch of blood work. The first round of results came back and it showed 3-5 WBC's in her stool. All of the blood work was normal except for an extremely high platelet count, 756. She is 7 tomorrow and I have no family history because she was adopted from Kazakhstan at age two. Please let me know what you think. The doctor is waiting for the rest of the stool samples to return until he makes another move. The high platelet count is freaking me out. I am in the medical field and I think that makes matters worse. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013