Child has abdominal pain. USG shows stone in gall bladder. Treatment?

My son s age is 9 yrs 1 month and weight is 29 kgs. His height is 4ft and 6inches.Last 15 dec he had sever abdomen pain in the upper abdomen and treated by I V injections .After that he is fine but we went for a whole abdomen USG .The doctor said that he has Stone in his Gall Bladder .The report it is written for Gall Bladder That Wall thickness normal(3.0 mm).Lumen Contains multiple calculi. No pericholecystic oedema seen. Doctor is advising for operation. Now my question is can it be treated and cured with out operation and his activity will be as normal as before?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012