Child has a small bruise on right abdomen near hip. Intermittent bellyaches. Should I be concerned?

My 4 1/2 yr old son has a small bruise on the right side of his abdomen near his hip that is hard and raised in the middle. He said it didnt hurt but changed his mind when I tried to touch it. He was acting normal and active (but somewhat cranky and belligerant.) For about a month now he'd been complaining about intermittent bellyaches. And tonight before bedtime he said his "brain" hurt - in the front left. He is asleep now and my pediatrician will not be in until Wednesday. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013