Child has a increasing lump formed under spinal cord that travels vertically with the spine, no fever or tiredness. Suggestions?

Hi my 3 year old son has a lump formed kind of underneath his spinal cord in the middle of his back. He s not feverish or showing any signs of fatigue or pain. I noticed this lump about a week ago but it was small.. Tonight during his bath I noticed that it clearly had grown its about two inches long and it travels vertically with his spine . I am taking him to hospital tomorrow but I would just like to hear what the possibilities are.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012