Child has UTI, ultrasound showed two right kidneys. Did I cause this while pregnant?

My almost 7 month daughter is currently in the hospital with a UTI . During an ultrasound they discovered she has 2 right kidneys. The doctor told me it s not that uncommon to her and didnt make it out to be a big deal. I would like to know how this happened, did I cause this while pregnant? How would I find out if it s a functioning kidney or not and will this make her more prone to infx? Any other info you may have would be helpful. Thanks! Abby
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012