As your son has diagnosed to have intestinal TB, you should follow the following dietary advises.
1. His diet should be rich with fresh fruits. Citrus fruits are good.
2. Dark leafy vegetables, and bright colored vegetables, legumes are good.
3. Avoid using spices, junk foods and saturated fat
for making his food.
4. Lastly, keep him free from alcohol and tobacco (unusual).
His diet should be rich with antioxidants
(available in bright colored vegetables, citrus fruits) and vitamins. Make 4 meals a day to provide sufficient nutrition.
Pathogenesis of his tuberculosis could be from these.
1. It can be a spread from Primary Tuberculosis ( in Lung).
2. From foods - Like raw milk (un-boiled / not pasteurized) from cattle with Tuberculosis.
3. From un-cooked / improperly cooked meat of such affected animal.
Open pulmonary Tuberculosis
is a contagious disease. It spread from affected person through droplets. Your child may had exposure to such case sometimes (in family or in public places).
It is almost impossible to predict when he actually got infected with TB. The above are most common ways. However, it is good that his disease has been diagnosed in early stage.
Be cautious about the side effects anti-tubercular medicines. Please visit doctor if your child develops nausea
, visual problems.