Child had vomiting post a basket ball practice session. Had taken plenty of water before and during the course. Worrisome?

My almost 8 year old daughter had her first basketball practice today. It was a 2 hr. practice and 30 minutes before it was over she started vomiting all the water she had drunk before and during practice. Approx. 6-8 oz s. Coach said she probably had gotten overheated. She has practice Everyday this week. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Hi, Thanks for using the HCM.
nothing to worry , it could be due to exertion during practice, better to do warm up exercise, start for minimum time & gradually increase the duration of practice, your body get better hydrated 30 min before practice, you can have some glucose containing fluids for energy, your body needs to adjust to exercise.Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks get well soon....