Child had viral infection. Refuses to eat, drinks water and milk. Wait or do something?

hi doctor,
my baby boy is 8 month old.he got viral infection about a week ago.i visited fever has gone but cough is there. my problem is he refuses to eat.he is not having food from last three days.he drinks water enough and take my milk, but not eating. someone told me that due to medicines he is not feeling hunger,or his tongue taste is bad. so should i wait or do something.should i let this problem go at its own or try to make him eat frequently
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Some times kids do not accept some food items or not much feed for few days.

This is normal if the kid is otherwise active and healthy.

This commonly occurs after a episode of illness.

So do not worry if your baby is active and playful. If the symptoms persist you should consult your doctor.

Hope this helps.