Child had tummy pain followed by vomiting, diarrhea. Had eaten a heavy meal at night, following morning regular routine. Cause?

Hi, my 6 years old daughter s tummy is hurting after waking up this morning at 7am. The night before she had Mcdonalds chicken nuggets, french fries and chocolate drink for dinner. Then before she get out of bed she drink her milk (Progress). We did the usual routine, I showered her with lukewarm water. Then she ate cereals for her breakfast but just a little. Then she said that her tummy is hurting. Then she vomitted. Mostly, water. She said she s a little okay after vomitting. Now the school called me she s in the clinic and the nurse gave her Scopinal Syrup. What do you think is wrong with her?? Usually when her tummy is hurting she just go to the bathroom and make poo poo then it will be gone.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013

Thank you for the query.

The most probable reason of her symptoms is gastrointestinal infection due to food poisoning or regular indigestion. Most of such cases does not need medical attention and heals by its own. So I suggest you to do not give her any solid foods for 12 hours and give plenty of liquids.
If the symptoms will go away, she will be fine.
But if high fever, blood in stool will appear or the symptoms wont go away within 48 hours, you should take her to the doctor.

Hope this will help.