Child had tubes in ears since years, now seems to have blackish scab in one ear without presence of tube. Help?

My son had tubes put in his ears in june 2011 now in one ear he has a blackish looking scab and i cant see the tube anymore. I m kinda freaked out about this and no one seems to be able to give me an straight answers. What is going on with my childs ear? Did the tube fall out and this ugly looking scab form as part of the healing or should i take him to be seen?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query , and by your clinical history I am suspecting that your child is most likely having ear wax in his ear, this is no way concerned with grommet (Tubes) .

Need not to worry most of the time ear wax comes out of ear automatically but some times it gets impacted than help of ENT doctor will be necessary for removal of wax.