Child had trouble passing stools, pain in buttocks. Given movicol. Now blood in stools

Hi i have a son his 3yrs old since last yr before the 6wks holidays he had trouble going poo i taken him to doctors, they gave him lactolose for a few months which didnt help he was crying in pain saying my bum harts i then taken him back they then gave him sencol which didnt help so i keep taken him back as when he was pooing there was a bit of blood in it, they keep saying its him holding it, in the end they changed med to movicol which works well on him at 1st he was having 2 a day then after a month i started to ween his down which at this point i only give one if i can see it happing again which is normaly once a week, but can sometimes see a bit of blood, the doctors wanted me to keep him taking it every day but cant see y as he dont need it all the time
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013