Child had stomach ache, vomitting. Treated for stomach bug. Passes foul smelling gas. Reason?

Hi my daughter is 6 years old and recently has been very gassy. She lets of gas quite a lot during the day. Which is okay when she is a home, but she is embrassed by this at school. The gas has become very foul smelling. Can you please let me know is this normal and why does this happen, as I am very concerned. What can I do to help her? She is a fussy eater, but I ensure she has her fruit and vegetables everyday and give her fresh juice with carrotts, apples, pears, and oranges etc. At the beginning of Jan 2013 she had a stomach ache and vomiting , which the doctor put down to being a stomach bug which cleared in 48 hours. Now again 5 weeks later she has had the same symptoms of stomach ache vomiting, which the doctor again put down to a stomach bug, which has again cleared in 48 hours. This time after the bug has cleared she is very gassy, more than usual.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013