Child had open reduction, internal fixation fracture of the shaft of the left radius procedure, arm pain. Cure?

My daughter had an open reduction and internal fixation fracture of the shaft of the left radius procedure when she was 9 yrs. old. The surgery went fine, and no problems. She is now 12 yrs old, and has been complaining about pain in that area. It seems like it is whenever we have cold, snowy or rainy weather. Can you give me some kind of an answer as to why her arm would pain her, under these weather conditions?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013