Child had headache, fever, spots on tongue, lethargic, pale, lack of appetite. Blood test required?

My son (7 years) has had headaches , fever , and spots on his tongue for 9 days. He is very lethargic, pale, has loss of appetite and consequently lost a couple of kilos. Occasionally he vomits (3-4 times in past 9 days). Our local gp has said it is just a bug going around and cleared him for a chest infection. We live in a tropical area so possibilities of Ross River Fever spring to. Ind. should I be insisting the Dr takes a blood test?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012