Child had head injury, knot and bruise on head, looks dented. Will it go away?

My 18 month old was playing with her sister one night when she knocked her head into a corner post of a bed frame. It left a huge knot and bruise that took over a week to subside. Now after 4 weeks the lump is gone there is a dent in the shape of a line that feels as though it sticks out but looks like it is dented. I m not sure what to make of it, if it will ever go away or if my baby will have problems in the future. I am just a concerned mother.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012