Child had fever, stomach ache, diarrhoea, yellow stools. Complaining of tiredness . Solution?

My 5 year old son woke up Sunday morning with a fever (99.9). Sunday night complained about his belly hurting, he went to the bathroom (normal) and felt better. Monday woke and was complaining of belly pain again but much worse and had diarrhea too. Yesterday complained about his belly but not too much. Today he went to the bathroom twice and it was yellow and complained about his belly only a few times. He is eating and drinking today and was actually playing but he is very tired. Can you give me some answers
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that your child is having infection of the gastrointestinal tract.

I would advise that you should get his stool examined for any infection or parasitic infestation.

Give him light meals prepared under hygienic conditions.
Also take care of his hydration.

Further medical management can be planned after knowing the reports of the stool examination.

I hope this is helpful to you.