Child had fever, headache. Taken Ibuprofen. Viral infection?

My five year old started out with a fever of 102.6 and a headache on Thursday. Her activity was normal, but I went ahead and took her to the doctor that evening because she has asthma . Flu and strep tests were negative and it was diagnosed as a viral infection. Friday she was very lethargic, slept all day, and fever never came down even after taking ibuprofen . She would not eat and the only fluids we could get in her was in the form of popsicles. We put her in a lukewarm bath. Yesterday her activity and fluid intake was much better. But the fever only subsides with ibuprofen. Once it wears off, the fever returns. Today is the fourth day and the fever is still present still accompanied by a severe headache and today she is complaining that her legs hurt too much to walk. Is this typical of a viral infection or should I return her back to the doctor? It being a Sunday, the doctor s office that we normally visit is closed.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013