Child had fever. Done ear wax cleaning. Now ear pain. Is this normal?

My 4 year old daughter went to the doctor 5 days ago with a fever . In one ear there was a large amount of ear wax blocking the doctor s view of the ear drum. After flushing and multiple scrapings, they finally removed enough to see the ear drum, which was fine. (They determined she had the flu). Now today, 5 days later she has a lot of pain in that ear. Is this normal or should I be concerned about an infection and take her to the doctor right away? Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012