Thanks for asking your query here.
are convulsions associated with fever
. you haven't mentioned when was the first febrile seizure and whether she had shaking or not?
If Seizure is more than 20 minutes duration and not subsiding/regaining consciousness in between, patient needs to be taken to hospital and get checked over by ER/Pediatric doctor.
Blank stare on face/swallowing etc could be manifestation of seizure. It needs to be watched by a Healthcare professional to determine whether they represent seizure or not. It could be aura prior to seizure or absence seizure
(i.e. petit mal).
My advise would be:
1. To get checked over by Pediatrician
2. If possible, to get opinion from Pediatric Neurologist
3. Continue current medications till changes are suggested by your doctor
4. She may need EEG (Electro-encephalograph) of her brain
5. Please ask your doctor to give you written instructions in event of another seizure at home, lasting >10 minutes.
I hope she recovers soon
Dr Tejas Shah