Child had febrile seizure and tonsillitis. EEG shows idiopathic epilepsy. Any advice?

Hi, My daughter had a febrile seizure in June 2011 and was diagnosed with tonsillitis which was named the cause for the seizure. In January this year a woke to hear her vomiting, went into her her to find her staring, not talking to me (unresponsive) then her eyes deviated to one side. At this point I realized she was having a fit so called an ambulance. She was post ictal when they arrived but then started again to vomit eyes went backwards then again post ictal. Lastly once in the ambulance she again fitted was given diazepam and taken into resus at A & E where she slept for a few hours and came around fine. We stayed in over night to be observed and was told to go back for an EEG . Her EEG findings where abnormal and we have been told she has Generalized Idiopathic Epilepsy . A month later after the 1st seizure she had a mild few second incident which we don t know if was a seizure or not but on calling the ambulance again were told she was photophobic so were taken into hospital but let out a few hours later as she was fine. Its now been 6 months since anything happened (thankfully) and we cant help but feelk it was just a series of events at that particular time that lead to her having the 1 episode in January and in our heart of hearts do not think she has this condition but want a second opinion. Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated and sorry for the long statement.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012