Child had febrile convulsion during illness. What precautions to prevent recurrence?

Hi Doc, My daughter is 2 years old. She had febrile convulsion during her recent illness . When we consulted our pead., she said that it was due to sudden rise in her temp. My question to u is: 1) What precautions do i take so that she does get febrile convulsion again. She does nt like being sponged vth warm water. So what othr alternative can be used to reduce her temp.? 2) Is pneumococcal vaccine a necessity? If yes, which one should be given to her as per her age? PCV7 or PCV13? 3) What should be her diet? I mean what ideally she should hv for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. And how much? She does not like milk so i give her curds. Is it OK to give curds at dinner time? Also, should i give her macalvit syrup? 4) Can we use homeopathy as an alternative medicine for illnesses like cold/ cough / fever in her case? I will be really grateful to u for answering. Thnx Amruta Pune
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012