Child had cold, cough, flu. Pale with purple around eyes, diarrhoea, lethargic. Reason?

My son ( almost 4 years old) has been sick sick new years - he s had a cold that came and went, a bit of the stomach flu about 3 weeks ago. He s had a very minimal appetite since new years, his cough came and went. He was experiencing on again off again fevers since new years too, but has gone 4 days without a fever. He is lethargic in that he doesn t want to play, always claims he s tired. He s pale with purple around his eyes (he gets 11 hours sleep at night and will occasionally nap 2 hrs during the day). Diarrhea lasted for 6-7 days a couple weeks ago, and last night he had another bout of it. Doc ran his blood (CBC and Creatinine ) and his urine and all came back normal. I m at my wits end - he us a usually energenic boy and lately even getting him to talk sometimes is difficult. I m considering taking him to the children s hospital, but I don t know how to tell them He s just not right . Help?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013