Child got squint in left eye, diagnosed with high power, small eye ball, advised glasses. Will power get reduced by glasses?

Good Evening Doctor, My daughter is 3 1/4 yrs old. Her vision was normal since birth, after 1 1/2 yrs she got squint in left eye alone (inward). We consulted an opthalmologist now. They said she has a power of +8 and her eye ball is small. They have given glasses for her to wear all the time. and asked to come for check up after a month. Can this power be reduced wearing glasses, please advise
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Sep 2012
Hi, welcome to HCM, I am Dr Das
First of all you should know that glass cannot reduce the power , but it prevents it from get increased, provided that your daughter wear it every time.
So, as a father you ensure that she has wear it everytime.
But don't get depressed there are many modern treatmentmodalities which will reduce power but it will be done after a certain ag.