Child got hit on the head, has bruise near the eye with swelling, given tylenol, checked pupils. Any other symptoms I need to be alert for?

My 3 1/2 year old son was asleep and fell off my couch and hit his head on the corner of our coffee table. Now he has a bruise near his left eye and it has swollen up. I put an ice pack on it, and gave him some infant tylenol for pain. I checked his pupils and kept him up for 30 minutes before he fell asleep again. Is there anything else I should keep a watch for? Any other symptoms I need to be alert for? The swelling looks horrible. It is about the size of a large marble, purple with 3 small scratches. Now I m afraid to go to sleep because I want to keep checking on my son. I just don t know what else I should be looking for.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012