Child got black bruise on ribcage. Not hurting, bruise changing its colour and is lumpy. Should I be concerned?

My 3 year old suddenly got a quarter size black bruise on her ribcage 5 days ago with what feels like a lump underneath. She is very dramatic and cries about every little thing but she never even mentioned falling or getting hit with anything. It doesn t hurt when I touch it and we really can t get a staight answer form her as to how it happened. I don t think she knows. It is five days later and the bruise seems to be changing color but it still very lumpy. Do I need to be concerned/take her to the doctor to have it checked out??
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012