Child got bitten by pet dog. Necessary to give three shots every time she gets bitten?

hi Doc. i have a question about the rabies vaccine to human. my 7 old daughter was bitten by pet dog and as per doc. advise she was given 3 shots because the dog was fine,and again after two months she got bitten by another pet dog, and doctor told me to give again 3 shots if nothing happens to dog. but i was wondering is it neccessary to give her 3 shots every time she gets bitten by dog?? And for your information she already got complete 5 shots last year. please advice me what should i do?? cos i dont want to see her in pain and is there any kind of side effects to her health/system??
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012