Child got allergy, warm chest after treatment, recurrence of symptoms. Should I start the medicines again?

My 4 year old son was just in the hospital a week ago because he had a very congested and had a fever his white blood cell count was high as well. he got out and i continue his treatment of therapy and cough syrup . for a week after that he seemed to be fine healthy again but today he all of a sudden got allergies started to cough (like a dry cough) and his chest is warm. Same symptoms before escalated and had to go to the hospital the last time. What should i do im going to start giving him therapy again and i gave him some cough syrup because he was coughing so much he could not sleep.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012