Child getting urticaria angioedma when gets cold. No relief with Benadryl. Any stronger medication?

Hi Doctor Grief, my 2 year old ends up getting urticaria angioedma every time she gets a cold . both of these conditions seem to last while she continues to have the cold virus. i have to questions: (1) is this something common, and does it have a cure?, (2) over the counter benadryl has not been working well in keeping down the welts off of her face and hands, and entire body--is there something stronger that i could give her?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013