Child getting sudden sharp pain at the back of head. Possible reasons?

My 4 year old has been having sharp pains in the back of her head for quite some time now. I noticed them around the time she turned 3. They were very infrequent at first, however, now they are happen about once a week. She grabs the left side of the back of her head and screams in agony. About 20 seconds later, the pain subsides and she s fine. I will be taking her to her pediatrician this week. However, I would still like to know some possible reasons as to why this is happening to her. Also, what type(s) of specialists should I be looking into? Thank you in advance for your help. Rachel
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013