Child getting asthma while having cold. Had pneumonia. What are the tests to be done?

My son is 15 yrs old and has had asthma sice birth triggered usually only when he gets a cold. He has had viral codes 6 times in the last 6 months. Within that time getting pneumonia once. After 7 doctors visits early all saying it was viral I demanded a chest xray and they found pneumonia and treated it and then it was gone. Again my son has the same symptons clear bial, coughing non stop as it drains down his throat for the 6 th time this winter. He is booked for an allergy test but its 6 mnths out. I make sure he has a good diet vitamins and am regimented about his asthma maintenance but am frustrated with doctors who say is just a virus and send me home. Are there some tests that should be done? He has always had a weak immune system.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013