Child gets severe itching, burning and tiny bumps on vagina. What could the cause be?

My 8 year old daughter genitals started off red, didn t think to much abt it, did the baking soda , went away for a little bit but came back worse... this usually only happens at night, the severe itching, and burning, and there are little tiny bumps on the labia , both sides, not many, I figured it was from her scratching , but I dont recall her scratching down there. Everytime I take her to the e.r. they just said me home with ointment. We are very clean people, my children are also. She has neve been touched down there either, that s the first thing they ask. If my children are not with me they re at school. Please could you help, it would greatly be appriciated
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013