Child gets mottled red and white palms on hanging the arms down. Is this a cause of concern?

I have just noticed that my 14 year old son has mottled red and white palms when his arms are hanging down by his side - but if he brings them up to heart height they return to normal colour. There seems to be more red in the centre of his palm when they are hanging down by his sides - with the mottled white colouring towards the edges of his palms and fingers. Is this something I need to see my family doctor about?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012