Child gets intermittent fever, throat pain. Advised Fimoxyl, penicillin for a long term.History of tonsillectomy. Suggestion?

Hi, my son is 11 years old, suffering from fever on and off with throat pain, his tonsillectomy has been done before 5 years, when he was 9.From that time he is taking penicillin v[250mg] twice daily orally, according to his Dr. s he is suffering fever and throat pain again with aso titre-more than 200iu/ml,crp-47.0mg/L,ESR-42mm, without any joint pain and his ecocardiography report is he has been suggested cap Fimoxyl[500mg] for 7 days and than again penicillin v twice daily orally up to the age of 20. pl tell me what should i do?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013