Child gets infected by mosquito bites. Taking lots of antibiotics, no relief. Permanent cure?

My daughter is eight years old and all the bites she gets whether they are flea bites, mosquito bites etc always get infected. They will start as a bite, then blister and go red around the bite, once the blister has popped it easily gets infected. I have taken her to the doctors numerous amounts of times and I am to the point where i feel lost. I have four other children and I know that this is not normal. I feel she has been on antibiotics too often and I am starting to worry that she is becoming immune to them, she has been subscribed bactroban, foban, flucloxicillan, and a antihistamine?... loratadin to stop the itch as well as phenegan. I heard the doctor mention the word nevascular urticaria??? The doctor also suggested i use insect repellant which we tried but did not do any good. She has bites are all over her body, legs, arms, back, ankles, wrists. We have flea bombed our house twice, our cats have been treated and are treated regularly. She gets them too often and i have found she has probably had them longer than she hasn t had them. Is she lacking something in her immune system? She eats a lot of fruit and has a good diet , she does try to avoid her veggies but we make sure she eats some if not all of whats on her plate. Please help me. What do I do?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013

Thank you for your query.

Every individual has his/her own reponse to the insect bite which is aggravated by the itching. Instead of using antibiotics I suggest that you take the following steps:
1. Make her wear protective clothing so that she does not get bitten - use of full sleeve clothes, etc.
2. Nails are trimmed regularly.
3. Avoid itching - I know it is easier said then done.

I can understand your worry about the immune system. Be rest assured that there is nothing lacking in your daughter's immune system and you are giving her appropriate nutrition.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.