Child gets frequent cold and cough, on medicines since long term. Any other alternative?

sir, my grand son s age is 3.5 years. since childhood he is suffering from cough and colds. we are taking treatment from high level doctors pertaining to hospital Rainbow Children s hospital. The medicines are budecort, duolin , budesol respules and other in take medicines such as alspan syrup, ambrodil s, claribid antibiotics, and meta nasal spray , etc., yesterday we took my grand son to the ENT Pediatric specialist once again and the doctor prescribed the following medicnes. livolin .63 respules, duonase nasal spray, and montair lc kid for two times. however, yesterday night after using the livolin respule my grand son got effected heavy cough continuously from 11-00 p.m. to 3-50 morning with a gap of two minutes and vomiting white sticky watery. My question is instead of controlling the cough, after using these medicines, why he suffered so severely by coughing extremely. shall we continue these medicines or is there any other alternative medicines. Please give me valuable suggestion. Thank you Doctors.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012