Child gets frequent bouts of infections throughout the year, is thalassmeia minor, mother a MTHFR. Could this blood disorders be the cause?

My three year old son has had several infections in the last two years. He has had foot and mouth disease , roseola , most recently scarlet fever , and frequent upper respiratory infections. In the early fall he had a period of unexplained.diarrhea for about 6 weeks. In November he had the scarlret fever.In December he developed a limp for a day, he complained of knee pain in his left leg, he limped for two days and then it was gone. Then this month he had a period of about 8 days of limping or walking like a peg leg, with several days of refusal to walk. The pediatrician said he believed it was synovitis . He just stopped limping last week and today developed a low grade fever and cough. I have MTHFR and my son has thalassemia minor. We were never told if it is alpha or beta. Could these blood disorders be related to bis frequent illness
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013