Child gets constant stomach upset, burps, fatigue. Diagnosed with IBS and anxiety. Suggestions?

My 11 year old son has been seen by a gastrointestinal specialist for constant upset stomach, burping and simply feeling poorly over the last year. A scope was done - which revealed nothing - but it seems to be getting worse. My son is now starting to show signs of fatigue throughout the day. This may sound strange, but the only thing that seems to settle his stomach (for a short while) is cinnimon Altiods. My son has grown somewhat addicted to them over the last year. I know there is some anxiety involved in our situation, but I also know there is something more than just the butterflies one feels when anxious. He s a social, bright, athletic kid who shows no other signs of anxiety or depression . The gastrointestinal specialist diagnosed IBS and anxiety. I know there s something more. Any ideas? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012