Child gags when sleeping, stops breathing for some seconds, frothing at mouth

Hello Dr. Grief, My question is in reference to my 8 yr old sons sleeping habits. For a few years now I have noticed that when he s sleeping he gags and at times may stop breathing for a few seconds. When he wakes up some mornings he has actually been frothing at the mouth. This happens everynight and its more than snoring his chest and bpdy move as if he is on a breathing machine. I lnow itights serious but he is not overweight and is a active kid
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012