Child frequently passing stools. No dehydration, fever, or blood in stool. Proper remedy?

hi my name is vikram. My baby boy is 8 months old now. Till last week he use to pass stool once in 2 days. But from past six days he has been passing stool 15 to 18 times a day. We took him to doctor he said its constipation and gave syrup for constipation. But no use , there is no improvement. Only frequent stool is the problem. No dehydration , no blood in stool and no fever . Could you please help me by giving proper remedy for my kid. Stool sometimes watery ans sometimes wheatish brown with seedy.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013