Child frequently had welts on legs, arms below eyes on waking up, no improvement with medicines, subsided within months. Autoimmune disorder?

Hi, thanks. Years ago my son, then 2-3, would go to bed, and upon waking would have welts like boils on his legs, arms, sometimes between the eyes and they would turn into huge bruises. The doctors gave him antibiotics , some gave him steroids and none worked. It just went away as suddenly as it appeared and went on for about 6 months. I still wonder to this day what it was. One thought it might be an autoimmune disorder? not sure.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012