Child fell from trampoline. Walking with limp due to bruise. Can it cause difficulty in walking?

Two days ago my 3-year-old fell awkwardly on a trampoline, cried immediately and unable to put weight on his leg or walk at all. He spent the day yesterday refusing to walk at all, crawling or being carried. He can today now apply some weight but walking with limp and in pain, only taking a few steps before crying/refusing. He had the knee x-rayed 3 hours after the injury and told no obvious fracture seen. I read about toddler s fracture, worried could be that and returned but they said the x-ray covered most of his shin too and clear. They have said it s just bruising. Can a bruise really make a child unable to walk?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012