Child fell from height, got consciousness after months, not able to speak, walk. Effective treatment?

Hi Drs, I have query. May I ask you for good suggestion. My 4 yrs old daughter fall down from second floor of roof 9 months ago. She got head injury . She was admitted in CMS hospital Vellore. After 3 months she comes conscious. And now she is able to eat food from her mouth. She remembered every thing like before but she is not able to speak and walk. What should we do? Please give us the good suggestion where we can find best treatment? Thanks Drs, Ritesh Singh
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
**
1. The history suggested by you points towards TBI [traumatic brain injury]
2. As trauma causes injury to the motor cortex, the brain stem and the cerebellum, a person often experiences a weakness.
. Physiotherapy can help with these problems by keeping the muscles moving and re-training your body to adopt a more 'normal' posture.
3. Damage, particularly to one of the cranial nerves, can result in dysarthria [the muscles needed for articulation of speech become weak and un-coordinated, as such speech become slurred, slower or quieter than normal.
. A speech and language therapist can help the patient relearn basic muscle movements, and improve the quality of speech.