Child fell and hit her forehead, had a huge knot and big bruise. Given Motrin, but bruise persists. Solution?

Hi, Yesterday My 2 & a half year old daughter fell from a high chair and landed on her left side of her forehead . The floor is thick ceramic tiles. When I went to pick her up, I noticed that the spot on her head where she landed was a little indented, about a minute later, a huge knot and a big bruise had formed. I had put ice on the knot for about an hour and observed her for a while. After that she was acting fine, other than a few whinces from the pain. I gave her motrin to help with the pain and for the rest of the day she seemed pretty normal. This morning she woke up and the knot went down a little but the bruise is still there. She s been complaining the bump still hurts her and I am worried about any injuries that the fall may have caused internally such as internal bleeding . Should I take her to the emergency room to have it checked out, or am i overreacting? Please help! thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012