Child fears to go for school. What treatment should be done?

My daughter has recently started school. She will be four years old in October. She has never been to nursery or day care and has always been cared for by members of her family. Her teacher says that she cries for everything and I am a bit concerned for her. What can her family members do to ease her into school life Concerned mommie
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
The start of schooling will be difficult to children and parents as the children starts crying and become fussy.
The main reason for this crying is due to seperation.
So the it should be gradual and the school activity should be like a play.
In the initial days , the school time should be less and like half an hour and mother should present around the school premises.
As the days progress, the time of speraration is gradually increase lke 5 to 10 minutes a day.
If the separation time is gradually increased over days it will be successful.
And the child should be allowed to play with toys at her school.
Hope I have answered your query.