Child drools when sleeping. History of frequent cold and cough. Adenoid surgery justifiable?

My son is 13 years old and drools when asleep.He had cold and cough frequently untill the age of 10,but now the frequency is quite low.His tonsils without even infection and inflammation were large when he was small,now they have shrunk a bit. So only for that drooling problem I am considering going for adenoid surgery.Is it justifiable?Our E.N.T. specialist had advised us to wait till 10, so as to see his tonsils regress on their own.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013