Child drinking cows milk, vomited cottage cheese substance, feeling restless. What could be the problem?

My son is 13 months old and has been on cows milk for quite some time now but tonight for some reason he went to bed around 9pm and woke up around 11pm and will not go back to sleep. It is now 2:21am and he has vomited once a cottage cheese substance, and a very large amount of it too. I gave him a bath, fresh sheets, and clean PJ s and he is still restless playing in his crib. What could be the problem? He usually sleeps great through the night.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013