Child down with cold, taking remedy of ginger juice and honey, has excessive boogers, redness in eye. Cause?

Hi 9 days back my 7 year old son was down with cold and cought. My paediatrician had prescribed him -Ambrodil-s syrup, -Synasma Syrup and -Arcetif syrup. he was ok with that for some time. he again had a runny nose last week on 22nd and the doc prescribed him -Syrup Alaspan -syrup DilomBM. I had been also been giving him a traditional remedy of ginger juice mixed with honey ...about 6-9 times a day as of now till yesterday, he has been having a lot of eye boogers(like eye mucus ) and some redness in the eye there is no cold but there is cough esp at night. yest morning he had slight fever at 4:30 a.m, then at 8:30 p.m he had fever as well.I have been giving him Crocin Ds. He is ok otherwise my questions are -Has he been getting eye booger because of the cold, or because i have given him too much or ginger juice(which may have given him lots of heat) or is it conjunctivitis? -Can we given Crocin every 6 hours as apreventive measure or shud we administer it on as and when required.? -Do you think an antibiotic is is the 3rd day of fever....?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013