Child did not respond immediately after banging head, now asleep, profusely sweating, pupils normal. Normal?

Hi, My 3 year old son just banged his head pretty hard on a wrought iron bed head. I immediately rolled over to check on him and found him face down, silent and not responding to me calling his name, I was holding a baby so i placed her down and as soon as i picked my son up he felt limp but started screaming, crying etc - all the things you expect. It is hard to tell if he was unconscious or if he just got a shock and was laying there quietly. About 15mins after it happened i checked his pupils to make sure they were responding and dilating evenly and they seemed normal. He is now fast asleep (it happened at bedtime) but is sweating profusely for no apparent reason, I have checked his eyes with a torch while he is sleeping and he didn t wake from that but he is notoriously difficult to wake normally so i don t want to over think that part. I m just trying to figure out if i m being over paranoid and I should just keep an eye on him over night or if i should take him up to the ER? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query..
For how long was the kid not responding after injury?
It could be a shock as you thought.
But there is a possibility of hemorrhage inside the skull with a really hard injury.
Better to take him to a pediatrician just to make sure that everything is ok..
Don't worry.. Take care..